Lucas County Chapter
of the Ohio Genealogical Society
Standing Rules of the Lucas County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society
Membership is open to any person with historical and/or genealogical interests in Lucas County and elsewhere.
1. Meetings shall be held on the third Saturday of each month with the exception of January and December.
2. Meeting shall be held at 2:00 p.m. in the meeting room of the Main Toledo/Lucas County Public Library, 325 Michigan Street, unless members are notified otherwise.
3. Eleven members present at a regular or special meeting shall constitute a quorum after all members have been notified of the meeting.
4. Meetings shall function generally in accordance with the current edition of ROBERT'S RULES OF ORDER NEWLY REVISED.
Annual dues payable in January shall be:
Single ... US $15.00 / Family ... US $20.00 (two or more people at the same address receiving one newsletter)
DUTIES OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD AND ITS OFFICERS
The Executive Board shall be comprised of eight Trustees. From within this Board, there shall be elected four officers: Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Recording Secretary, and Treasurer. The Executive Board shall transact Chapter business affairs as outlined in the Bylaws and Standing Rules. A member of the Executive Board will handle announcements at regular monthly meetings of the Society.
1. The Chairman shall preside at Executive Board meetings, perform duties generally required of the office, and shall oversee business between regular meetings.
2. The Vice Chairman shall assist the Chairman in all ways, and perform the duties of the Chairman in the absence or incapacity of that officer. The Vice Chairman also shall determine the date and place of meetings and be responsible for programs.
3. The Recording Secretary shall keep records of all meetings. A copy of monthly Treasurer's Reports and of Committee Reports, shall be filed with the minutes of each regular meeting. The Recording Secretary shall also have available at all meetings up-to-date copies of the Chapter Bylaws and Standing Rules.
4. The Treasurer shall collect monies and disburse funds as authorized by the Executive Board and/or Chapter membership and maintain accurate records of the Chapter's financial transactions. Also, the Treasurer shall present a monthly financial report and shall act as chair of the Budget Committee.
5. The Trustees shall take care of Chapter properties, shall audit Treasurer's books after the November meeting, and shall file a report of the audit at the first meeting in March. Trustees shall act as resource persons for the Chapter. Other duties may be decided by the Executive Board as the need arises.
APPOINTMENTS / COMMITTEES
Budget Committee - The Treasurer shall serve as Chair and with two Trustees shall be responsible for making a thorough examination of the financial situation of the Chapter before preparing a budget.
First Families of Lucas County - Shall encourage and counsel applicants in assembling paperwork to authenticate membership in First Families of Lucas County, approve applications and deposit papers at the Toledo-Lucas County Public Library Local History Room and assure integrity of the file.
First Families of Ohio - Shall encourage and counsel applicants in assembling paperwork to authenticate membership in First Families of Ohio and approve applications before submitting them to the Ohio Genealogical Society.
Hospitality - Shall arrange for refreshments at each meeting.
Meeting Notices - Shall arrange e-mail notices or telephone calls to members prior to each meeting and shall arrange for special notifications as needed.
Membership - Maintain membership records and encourage membership in the Chapter.
Newsletter - Shall prepare, produce and distribute FORT INDUSTRY REFLECTIONS on a quarterly basis. Members are encouraged to contribute materials, but their publication will be at the discretion of the editor.
Nominating Committee - Shall consist of a Trustee, who shall serve as Chair, and with two additional non Executive Board members, appointed by the Executive Board at the September Chapter meeting. The committee shall present a slate at the October meeting and additional nominations may be made from the floor at the October and November meetings, prior to voting at the November meeting.
Publicity - Shall see that notices for meetings and special events are given as much media coverage as possible.
Research - Shall function as liaison for questions addressed to the Chapter, taking follow-up actions as necessary and billing for expenses, and shall report such activities to the Executive Board.
Special Projects - Shall coordinate, oversee and encourage special projects for the benefit of the Chapter.
Webmaster - The Webmaster shall make arrangements for hosting the Chapter’s web site on the Internet. They shall create, design, maintain, and determine the content subject to the approval of the Executive Board.
These Standing Rules were adopted October, 1995; amended January 18, 1997; reviewed by Executive Board on January 10, 2002; adopted by membership on March 16, 2002; reviewed by Executive Board in November 2012; adopted 21 January 2012.